Coca-Cola Beverages Eswatini

Official Launch of Coca-Cola Beverages Eswatini

The business economy in Eswatini is certainly on the rise, and this transition comes through the launch
of Coca-Cola Beverages Eswatini (ECCB) which took place on the 26 th of August 2019. The new company
which is a subsidiary of Coca-Cola Beverages Africa (CCBA) will be led by Country Manager Sanele
Khumalo.

Speaking at the launch, Pierre Bleeker, General Manager North Region CCBSA announced that CCBSA
holds 60 percent of Eswatini Beverages Limited soft drink business, and that the remaining 40 percent of
Eswatini CCB is under the stewardship of the sovereign wealth fund Tibiyo TakaNgwane. Logico
Unlimited will be the official distributor of all Coca-Cola products in Eswatini.
As CCB’s footprint grows in Africa, Pierre Bleeker highlighted how this growth will bring about huge
benefits to emaSwati through unique partnership opportunities that aim to grow local communities and
businesses.

Distinguished guests that shared something on the launch included Tibiyo TakaNgwane MD Dr.Absalom
Dlamini who rendered his supportive speech. In his speech Dr. A.T Dlamini first noted that the opening
of Coca-Cola Eswatini Beverages was a business milestone for the business and the economy of the
Kingdom of Eswatini. He further added that regional integration is an important vehicle for creating
strong economies, promote the sharing of human and technical resources which will create value and a
common market for our goods and services.

The main the speaker of the event, Minister of Commerce Industry and Trade Honorable Senator
Manqoba Khumalo expressed his profound gratitude on this investment and commitment Coca-Cola
Beverages Africa has shown to Eswatini. The minister said “As Government we have the mandate and
duty to facilitate a private-sector led economic recovery through an export-driven economy”.
In his conclusion Senator Manqoba Khumalo emphasized on the importance of Corporate Social
Responsibility which should focus on entrepreneurial development while addressing social safety net
issues such as poverty, health and education.

Coca-Cola Beverages Eswatini Country leader Sanele Khumalo greatly expressed her excitement for this
new venture and that her sales team was ready to start assisting customers open accounts, which is the
main objective for the next few weeks. She said “we are pleased that the day has finally come upon us
and we are proud to be becoming a part of the greater Coca-Cola Beverages Africa family”.
She further stated that she acknowledged the challenges that lie ahead, but she has full confidence that
in the next few weeks her team will be working seamlessly with Logico in enabling that consumers get
access to Coca-Cola products in a fast and efficient manner.